Soy Marinated Tuna with Pickled Cucumber
16 oz. sushi quality tuna
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup lite soy sauce
1 tsp. wasabi powder
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 limes, zested and juiced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and crushed
- Combine all in small bowl and allow to sit for one hour.
1 European style cucumber, sliced in 1/4” slices
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- Combine all but cucumber in small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour warm liquid over sliced cucumbers and allow to sit for one hour.
- Marinate the tuna for 1 hour.
- Season the tuna with pepper.
- Oil a hot grill and quickly grill the tuna.
- Serve fresh from the grill with pickled cucumbers and a drizzle of marinade.
Fatal error: Cannot access property DD_Twitter::$button_weight_value in /data/23/4/128/73/4454073/user/5270241/htdocs/restaurantserenade/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/include/dd-class.php on line 122