Seared Tuna with Celery Root Salad
SEARED TUNA WITH CELERY ROOT SALAD
1 LB. Sushi quality tuna
2 TBS chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sel gris (large grain sea salt)
1. Combine thyme, oil and salt. Rub on tuna.
2. Heat sauté pan until very hot.
3. Remove tuna from marinade. Shake off excess oil.
4. Place in hot sauté pan briefly on each side, searing quickly. (Approximately 30 seconds each side, or until it changes color.)
5. Slice in one-third to one-half inch slices.
1 cup grated celery root
1/2 cup grated fresh fennel bulb
1 cup grated Golden Delicious apple
1 lemon, juiced
1 TBS grated fresh ginger
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all and stir. Season with salt and pepper.