Asparagus Soup Recipe
Fresh Asparagus Soup with
Cherry Tomatoes, Morels and Mint
4 cups asparagus, cooked and cut into one inch pieces
1 TBS fresh shallot, minced
1 TBS. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
1 TBS. EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 TBS. butter
6 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
1 cup cleaned fresh morels, sliced
2 sprigs fresh mints, chopped plus 6 plushes
- Sweat shallots in one TBS. butter until sweet and tender. Add morels and cook until they give up their water.
- Purée the asparagus and vegetable stock in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until warm.
- Place all in blender and purée until smooth, adding the EVO at the end.
- Sauté morels in a small about of olive oil until tender. Season to taste.
- Mix tomatoes, morels and mint with a little olive oil. Divide equally among six soup bowls. Ladle hot soup over tomato mixture. Garnish with mint plushes.