Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Fresh Oysters
Yield – 4 portions
2 LB Jerusalem artichokes
1 ea. onion, medium, diced
1 ea. leek, washed and chopped
4 ea. garlic, cloves, minced
5 cu chicken stock
1 ea. bay leaf
2 ea. thyme sprigs
4 oz heavy cream
1 dz. oysters, shucked and dried
- Cover artichokes with cool water. Squeeze lemon into water and add to pot. Bring to boil and simmer until tender. Strain, cool and peel.
- Sweat onions, leek and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add chokes, stock, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to boil and lower to simmer. Cook until tender – 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Purée in blender. Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season shucked and dried oysters with salt and pepper. Sauté briefly in hot pan in olive oil.
- Garnish each serving of soup with three oysters.