Toasted Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash and Shrimp Recipe
Toasted Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash and Shrimp
2 cups orzo pasta
1 cup butternut squash diced
l lb. Gulf shrimp, cleaned and diced
4 cups vegetable stock, hot
2 TBS. minced onions
2 TBS. grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS. butter
1 TBS. Chopped fresh sage leaves
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread orzo on sheet tray and toast in oven until golden brown.
- Sweat onions in 1 TBS. butter until tender. Add butternut squash and cook until half tender. Add orzo and stir to coat with butter.
- Add half of the vegetable stock and cook until reduced.
- Add remaining stock and cook until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook until done – 1 minute.
- Finish with remaining butter, cheese and sage leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 4 warm bowls. Garnish with chorizo vinaigrette.
1 cup strong lobster stock (chicken or vegetable stock can be substituted)
1 red onions Small dice
1 red bell pepper small dice
½ cup Spanish chorizo small dice
2 tsp. butter divided
1 TBS sherry vinegar
2 tsp. olive oil
1 bunch chopped fresh chives
- Sauté red onion in olive oil and 1 tsp. butter until tender.
- Add red pepper and cook until tender.
- Add chorizo and cook until fat begins to render. Deglaze with Sherry vinegar.
- Combine with Lobster stock, swirl in remaining butter and finish with chives.