Shepard’s Apple Tart with Cranberries Recipe
Shepherd’s Apple Tart with Cranberries
© James Laird
1 cup sugar
5 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut in half
½1/2 cup cranberries
½1/2 cup sugar
½1/2 vanilla bean, split and scrapped
½1/2 cup creme fraiche
1 cup flour
- In 2 quart sauce pan, add the 1 cup sugar and cook until golden brown.
- Add the apples and the cranberries and stir to coat with caramel.
- Place in 325 degree oven until brown and tender but not mushy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- With electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla bean scrapings and mix until high, fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add the flour and creme fraiche and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter over the apples and cook at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest. Run knife around the outside of the cake and invert onto a cake plate.
- Serve withc
- ice cream.